Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baby Update and Hospital Delivery Gown

(This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I have been having a few technical issues, all hardware/software related with NetGear.

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is fine with the little girl growing inside. I have a little less than six weeks to go. I am hoping shorter, but we will see. If she comes a little early I will be very excited. Although, my c-section is already scheduled and I am thankful that the date is the closest to my due date that they will allow one to be performed. These last six weeks are usually the most difficult for me to do lack of sleep, being uncomfortable, feeling awkward and just gross. This pregnancy seems to be even harder. I am not sure if that is because it was a surprise or I have two toddlers this time or if my body is just tired of being pregnant or a little of all three.
I have continued my nesting streak and have been working on my To Do List before the little one is born. As I have mentioned before I love to cross things off my To Do List. It is so satisfying.



One thing I am considering is a bringing my own hospital gown with me to the hospital. I can’t stand the scratchy, icky gowns that they give you in the hospital to wear. They also seem to be the most unflattering thing to wear to have your picture taken with the new baby. Case in point, see the picture below of me with little a.



I have found several gowns that I could purchase, but the frugal side of me is apprehensive to spend so much money on a gown like that. I would love to try to make one or have my MIL make me one. I think that would be the most frugal thing to do, but lately when I have brought up any sort of sewing project she hasn’t objected, but she hasn’t really volunteered or made time to do them. I can’t imagine spending $35 up to a $100 on one gown, but at the same time I really want one. I would love something like either one of my top choices listed below, which I could wear later to nurse in at night. I could really use something to feel a little more attractive in when I am at the hospital, not to mention a little more modest since the hospital gowns open up in back. I would love something to hide my horrible arms (my legs and arms seems to swell up when I am pregnant…no I am not kidding…although they could probably use A LOT of toning once I am done with this pregnancy.) I would try to make my own gown, but I am not that great at sewing and I would be afraid to waste my money on the fabric and have it not work. I also don’t have a serger, which seems like it would be necessary for durability.



So here is my dilemma do I just do it, purchase one? Do I ask my MIL to make me one? Do I try to make my own? Do I buy some nursing pajamas instead (could I wear these for the first picture w/my c-section)? Or do I just not bother with bring my own gown? I don’t know.

Here are my top two choices, although I have been considering this third one mainly due to the price.





2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Jen,
Thanks for the great comments on my blog. I hope you come back sometime.

Don't get discouraged with your physical self, right now you are just an oven. I really got heavy and looked horrible when I was pregnant. It took a long time for me to get it off and get back to normal, but it does happen! Hang in there. Good luck with baby #3:)

heather said...

Hmmm... I never thought of an option when it came to hospital gowns. Kind of interesting :)

I like the first and the last one you pictured the best. Just as simple as the regular gowns, but prettier to look at!