Sunday, October 12, 2008


I have been falling down on the menu planning. I think everything sort just caught up with me the last few weeks. I am finally starting to get in a bit more a groove between going back to work, MOPS stuff and now I am getting my Professional Certification (Don’t ask…it is not a happy topic). I am hoping to stay on top of things a little better, but I have a new motto when it comes to life, “Progress, not perfection.” We had a great speaker at MOPS on Friday and I was encouraged to look at my life and what striving to be perfect is doing to me and others I love. I will never be perfect, but I can strive for excellence in all that I do and progress in what I am aiming for. The Lord has really encouraged me in this area. I am not going to instantly be supper mom or quit trying to be the best I can be, but I will give myself a break, acknowledge the progress that I do make and most of all look to Him to help me with it all with excellence.

My meals this week are once again focused on low carbs, but not no carbs. We have slowly added less refined or processed carbs back into our daily diet. I still try to have a few meals that are really low carb every week, but a few that are just healthy good meals. I am working on just feeding my family healthy, delicious, low fat, easy meals. We will see what I can do. I will be attempting to alter a new recipe this week. We will see how that goes. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Sunday: Turkey Salsa Meatloaf, Coconut rice and Fiesta Veggie Mix (frozen, but it is better than no veggie)
Monday: Freezer meal already made Enchilada casserole (hubby is home with the kiddos without me, I am at my first Pro-cert meeting)
Tuesday: Indian Chicken, Indian Cauliflower and a salad
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Salad
Thursday: Curry Chickpeas and Veggies, brown rice
Friday Night: Pork Tacos (crock pot), taco fixings, broccoli and Spanish brown rice (company tonight)
Saturday Night: Dinner out! Hubby and I celebrating our 5 year anniversary  The kids are with Granny and Grandpa  This is a different post that I hope I will make time for.

No comments: