Sunday, September 14, 2008

Meals September 14-21st

Meals September 14-21st
Meals this week once again are focused on eating low carb. I am trying to make them very veggie heavy, but still be packed with protein. I am not a happy person not eating the bad carbs. It has definitely taken a toll on me this week and weekend. I just like having a little sugar everyday. I am hoping all this no carb business is worth it and I start see it in the way my clothes fit or ideally hang off my body, or even better when my pre-pregnancy clothes fit. I have not worn my beautiful clothes in three years now. I so miss my clothes. Anyways, back to the subject at hand. Here is our family menu for the week. The kids get plenty of carbs throughout the day so don’t worry about them, plus they usually always have a side of some kind of fruit with each meal. For breakfast they usually have carbs in the form of a oatmeal, a multigrain waffle or whole wheat English Muffin. They also snack on high carbs food too, so they are not being deprived of any food group that they need.

Meal Plan

Sunday: Spinach Salad with mushrooms, ground turkey, cheese (very little), olives, green bell pepper and black beans
Monday: Spinach, squash, mushroom, ground turkey hearty stew
Tuesday: Grilled Salmon, veggies (kids can have rice)
Wednesday: Beef salad of some sort
Thursday: White bean chili with chicken or turkey meat
Friday: BBQ Cheeseburgers (WO buns), grilled veggies
Saturday: Leftovers

No comments: